Sunday, September 11, 2011

Oh Canada!

No matter how long you live away from home, it's always so nice to see a package, letter, or post card from home!!  Last year I was lucky enough to receive a package from my Splurge Sisters which included movies, licorice, KD, and coffee crisp.  My sister sent all the needed Bath and Body Works accoutrements and of course, my mother spoiled me with all things I love - including my guilty pleasure, Veet!! My grandma just recently sent a nice card and a picture of us from her 90th birthday this summer.

Hard to believe this is my second year here in Laos - but the notion of 'care packages' never grows old.  As you all know, I am a huge fan of Clamato juice...more specifically, I'm a fan of "Caesars".  Imagine my absolute excitement when I received a care package from my friend, Rob - fully stocked with a few handfuls of "Caesar Pleaser" packets (powdered Caesar mix) and a perfect sized bag of "Swedish Berries".



Now, my  mother taught me that I should always share.  So instead of hoarding all my treasures, I suggested that our "Canadian Crew" have an evening of all things Canadian - including the infamous "Caesar".  Who doesn't love "Pub Grub"?!?






Carol, Todd, Alison, and I put our culinary skills together and created:  nachos, potato skins, chicken wings, and guacamole. Yes, a very low fat meal!!!  Best part of it all - the Caesars!! 





In the haste of filling our faces, I forgot to take pictures of the buffalo wings and guacamole - but the nachos were a hit!



Rob  may have created a monster.  Not only does he have one Canadian friend in Vientiane...he now has four! 

Ceasars, we love and miss you....


See you next week - we've gone to the gym to work off a wing or two!!

2 comments:

  1. The Ceasars were great and the food was great too. Rob, I am a big fan of Nibs and Skor bars. You can send packages to me at the same address as Nikki. My last name is spelt S-E-Y-M-O-U-R. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My last name is spelled J-E-A-L-O-U-S.

    ReplyDelete