Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas in Vientiane

The annual Vientiane International School Christmas party was this Sunday afternoon.  Anytime there is an event in Laos, you can be sure to see food, food, and more food.  The Social Committee did a wonderful job finding a venu that both adults and kiddos would like.  Before the official fesitivies started, I chatted with colleagues over Beer Lao, spirits, and boxed wine!


Geoff and Garret having a "cheers"

Here, the kiddos are bouncing around on the equipment right before jolly Mr. Claus arrived!!



Spring rolls, salad, corn, beef, stir fry, rice, vegetables, chocolates, cake, etc...etc...etc...



I have yet to see a bowl of lettuce so HUGE!

This is one of four tables spread out around the venu
  
Beef being expertly tended to


Let the Secret Santa exchange begin...well, after the kidlets got theirs first!
Here comes Santa Claus - right down Santa Claus dirt lane!!
 
His sleigh was brought in by a pony - how Lao!!

School Director, Greg Smith - poor fella was a sweaty mess after a few hours

Santa kept calling me a Ho Ho Ho - I think I'll have to take this up with my boss in the morning!

Mr. Lamone - the world's best AND most adorable school bus driver!!

Alison
   

Carol

Todd

Geoff

Jon - notice his "I Believe in Santa Claus" t-shirt!!

Nick

Todd, Carol, and Bryndis enjoying the great food!!
 That's all for this year and in a handful of sleeps I'll be enjoying the tastes, sounds, and smells of Christmas in North America!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!Where was the party? I didn't recognize the venue. Wah, I miss you guys. xoxo

    ReplyDelete