Sunday, October 16, 2011

Broads in Bangkok

Carol, Alison, and I met for a "girls day" in the hopes of enjoying the sights and sounds of Bangers!  Now, if you know us at all, you realize that the three of us do a few things well:  eat, laugh, and spend money!  A few weeks previous was Carol's birthday and she wanted to spend her loot so we cruised in and out of a few big malls where unfortunately for 'security reasons' we were unable to take any pictures!  Yes, I know...WTF!  Carol found some great clothes and splurged and bought herself a new Polaroid camera - made of course by Fuji, so I guess it's not really a polaroid...Carol, what is it then?  Anyhow, I digress...

After trapsing through the mall we thought it would be a good idea to hit a movie.  We couldn't agree on which flick to see but were all definitely on board for a little "Bowling in Bangkok".  Not sure what to expect, we arrived at the 'shoe fitting area' to find some hip and saucy shoes.

They take their pasturizing very seriously in Thailand! 


Remarkably comfortable AND stylish 


Carl took Carol's spot!

  
I have never 10 pin bowled so I was quite concerned about losing a finger in this adventure! 


Alison is having a 'shockingly' good time


 Giving Carol's new camera a workout.  We are quite the posers!





I've never seen Carol in her element around balls before!


Look out ESPN!


Alison beat Carol in the last game - I sadly only broke 100.  In a word, I suck!


After bowling we worked up an appetite.  I was very excited for a feed of Mexican cuisine!  Before meeting Todd and the kids, we stopped at a Bangkok favourite - Charlie's Bar








Charley Brown's was a hit.  I apparently love the taste of Sangria seeing as I've allowed myself to find the bottom of a pitcher on my last two holidays!!




Numero Uno for Todd




One down...one to go!




Good to the last drop!  Yes, it only took me two drinks to feel the tingles!


One other thing you'll know about the three of us girls is we hit the sheets extremely early.  So, my tipsy self was in a cab and back to the hotel by 8:00pm.  Wow, can we party!!











1 comment:

  1. How jealous am I? Let me count the ways ... (1) Polaroids!! Or whatever the hell it was. LOVE instant photo gratification. (2) Bowling! We also have one of those weird blu-o bowling alleys here in New Delhi, which I've been meaning to try, but it would be WAY funner to do it w/you ladies!! (3) Sangria!! Personally, I think Charley's bar is a craphole, but I would happily have hung out sipping sangria w/my fave bff's. It adds up to way more than 3. Wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete