Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Bienvenido a Argentina!


 Hola!!

After a long absence from blogging, I thought it best to get back on the horse and start dazzling you all with my new life in Argentina!!

Flying from Regina to Buenos Aires was such a treat compared to my jaunt from Saskatchewan to Laos! Three hours ahead of "home" made the adjustment and jet lag quite manageable!


Since my arrival in the "Paris of the South", I've experienced a wide variety of foods and drinks.  Here is a mate (Mah-Teh) cup and a thermos. Here's the view I see every morning - my secretary, Ale is always sipping on this bevvy.


Here's a youtube video that will show you "how to!" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w2TzMR5XzM











A few sights from downtown Buenos Aires.  I haven't had much time to do more exploring, but here are a few snaps from our group tour on a gloomy day:

La Boca is a very cool area of town, albeit a bit shady.  It was too cold outside so the tango duos weren't strutting their stuff.  I'm looking very foward to heading back there!






Here is the Casa Rosada.  Literal translation "The Pink House."  This is where the works her presidential magic, however some are on the fence about that! 


I do love the colours of the Argentine flag!!




My new friend Amanda giving some love to the Pope!





I learn quickly.  Javier is such a great teacher!!  We danced all afternoon



Here are a few "before" photos from my apartment.  Sadly, the mustard yellow curtains are going far, far away!!










Every year, Administration at Lincoln host a "Newbie Wine Tasting."  This was the first time I'd experienced this - I'm happy to report that I didn't have a sore head the next morning....

The good...

The bad...

The ugly...

This is a parilla - a BBQ!  They produce the most amazing food.  I can only imagine how fabulous my Dad's steak would be when he cooked it on here!!!

Alive and well and settling into my new home, office, and life in South America!















No comments:

Post a Comment