Monday, August 15, 2011

New Year...New Blog!!

My good friend Rob frequently told me this summer that I was not doing a great job of keeping all my followers informed and up to date.  I told him that I was only reporting on my travels and he was quick to tell me that I should be posting weekly!!  I didn't realize the life of Nikki Hutchison was so interesting, but I've officially been told!!  Now, I'm sure a few of you are thinking that I've been quite lax so here I am - New Year...New Blog!!

I appreciated the 2000+ hits on my Planet Ranger blog (I'm certainly 1500 were from my mother) but I found it a bit frustrating when it came to adding pictures.  I couldn't embed them right into the blog, yet had to create a picture page.  Regardless, I'm glad you're here and checking out "Notes From Nikki The Nomad".

My six weeks at home flew by and it was really nice to see friends and family.  I didn't feel rushed or over-extended and it was just really nice to hang out with my parents and kick my father's butt in cards.  I can say this, because he won't read this blog and let you know if my comments were true or not - Mom is the techy in the family.

Have been back at work for a week and it's good to be home!  While away, my fabulous Mae ban moved me into a new house.  I wanted something a bit bigger and I LOVED this house when my former colleague lived in it.  It's funny how the house looks a bit different when it's bare and your 'personality' hasn't quite infused it. 

Here are a few "before" and "after" pics.  It is by no means finished, but you'll get the idea...

From New house

From New house

From New house

From New house

From New house

Dear followers, I promise to be more diligent.  If I'm not, I'm sure Rob will call me to task - and probably my mother too!

See you in a week!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, so excited to see this! I look forward to hearing about your adventures this year. xoxo

    ReplyDelete